Your car insurance policy could pay for your medical massage treatments.
If you've suffered from an injury as a result of an automobile accident, your car insurance could pay for the medical treatments for your recovery. This includes chiropractic, physical therapy and medical massage therapy - otherwise, known as orthopedic massage.
Often, Medical Payments (offered by your insurance carrier) will cover up to one year from the date of the accident and can range from $5,000 to $15,000 in coverage, regardless of who was at fault.
Denver Movement Center is prepared to help you through the process and relieve you of:
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- ... and whiplash (most common)
This coverage may apply to the insured individual, any passengers in the insured vehicle, the insured individual (if riding as a passenger in another vehicle), and the insured if injured as a pedestrian*.
*If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident as a pedestrian, your insurance can cover the medical expenses.
In order to receive treatment by means of medical massage therapy for your auto accident . . .
You must provide:
- A written diagnosis of soft tissue injury from the clinician (preferably by an MD),
- A prescription from that diagnosing clinician for massage therapy and their suggestion for frequency and duration
- (i.e. "recommend 90-minute massages, twice per week for four (4) weeks in treatment of whiplash injury")
- An Authorization for Release Form, completed and signed, allowing communication between the massage therapist and your clinician
- An Automobile Accident Form, completed and signed, describing all details of the event
Orthopedic Massage Therapy can be extremely useful for the treatment and relief of soft tissue pain, particularly with whiplash and migraines that may result. If you suffered from an automobile accident, Denver Movement Center would like to send our condolences for your suffering and pain. We understand that this pain may be controlling your life as a result of the accident. Fortunately, it doesn't have to.
Call or schedule online for your next appointment